Here we go again - another long stretch of time has passed (sorry about that) and I've finally found time to work on another art project! This one acually derives from a conceptual drawing I made back in September 2012 but never got to realize in acrylic. The difference to my fromer works is that this time I've built the composition more than drawing it - trying to surrogate lines with the naturally occuring ones from using different materials. That said, I've used tons of different materials this time, for example glass shards, aluminium foil, blue fiber, iron and aluminium wire (1,0 mm/2,5 mm thick).
Those of you who follow me on twitter will be familiar with the following pics since I tried to tweet my progress every evening
Day 1: Staring at the blank canvas and finally doing some preliminiary sketches
Day 2: That's about all of the painting I planned to do an this artwork - plus some of the fiber. As you can see the preliminary sketches all vanished under the acrylic
Day 3: Here come the first dots! And the third layer in the main circle, this time aluminium foil on a socket of structuring paste
Day 4: All the dots are done - and the first all-glass ornament is drying as well! Notice the paste on the alu foil, it's going to become transparent in about a week's time or so (sigh...)
Day 5: While the transparent dots continue drying, two of the others have been coated in glass shards which makes them sort-of falling out of the picture. Later that day, the other dots were coated in mother-of-pearl, iridescent medium or bronze colour so that none of them remain starch white.
After that it got a bit more hands-on in order to fixate the different canvases with metal plates and screws. Et voilá - I'm done with my second multi-canvas project (the transparent paste still hasn't dried though...)